Skip to content

Vicks Vaporub – Natural Homemade Vicks Recipe

July 19, 2009

Vick Vapor Rub or Vaporub is some helpful stuff at times.  Vicks is a brand name, but is most know for it’s vapor rub/vaporub.  Anyone can make this homemade recipe and thought I’d share it with you all.

10 drops peppermint oil
5 drops eucalyptus oil
2 drops tea tree oil
2 teaspoons almond oil

Combine these natural vicks ingredients. This will be more concentrated than Vicks Vaporub you get from the store. You can dip a cotton swab in it then dab it on chest, feet or outside the ears. One dipped swab will last all day (not sharing, of course!). Have never tried this vicks mixture as a massage oil, but I would probably dilute it with a bit with coconut or olive oil.

About these ads
6 Comments leave one →
  1. November 23, 2009 7:39 am

I appreciate the input…my question is I only have almond oil, should I adjust the recipe without having tree oil?

• theCmom permalink*
      November 24, 2009 10:03 pm

I’m sure this vicks vaporub will work fine w/out the tree tea oil…

• theCmom permalink*
      November 24, 2009 10:04 pm

I’m sure this vicks vaporub recipe will work just fine if you do not have the tea tree oil…

2. October 27, 2009 5:19 pm

Thanks! I make an all purpose Healing Balm that I use for tons of stuff. With everyone around us sick, I thought I should expand what I have on hand. I’ll be making some of this tomorrow.

3. chlorine permalink
    July 21, 2009 9:49 am

Some very interesting points raised here, which has got me thinking!

4. Rachel permalink
    July 19, 2009 4:16 pm

This looks so neat! I can’t wait to make my own Vicks. How cool is that?