Before you assume that I am an avid reader or just read for fun – that assumption isn’t correct. I spend my leisure time doing other things. I read out of necessity and desire to find the information I am looking for.
The following resources have been INVALUABLE to me, and enriched my life in ways I can’t even explain. I recommend them wholeheartedly 🙂
The Joy of Natural Childbirth -Helen Wessel
Great read on what is happening to your body during pregnancy, labor and delivery. The more you know, the less fear you will have. The less fear you have, the less pain you will experience. This is a must-read!
Charcoal Remedies – John Dinsley
What would you do if your child had an accidental poisoning? Easy read. You will no longer wonder if you will get to the emergency room fast enough (before permanent damage has been done). Safe, cheap, natural & tested (for hundreds of years). They use Activated Charcoal in the ER, why not have your own bottle at home? Read and find out how.
My First 300 Babies – Gladys Hendrick
Read the advice of a women who has mentored over a thousand new moms on how to feed, bathe, & get your baby to sleep through the night. Tried and True. Works with twins too 🙂
The Miracle of Magnesium – Carolyn Dean, MD
If you don’t have enough magnesium in your body, you are in danger of osteoporosis. If you are an athlete, you heart might stop beating. Read my post about the importance of magnesium and then get her book.
Detoxify or Die – Sherry A. Rogers
All her books are great! Find out what is in your home that could be killing you… why it’s SO important not to wear your shoes in your house. She reveals to us the world we can not see.
To Train Up A Child – MichaePearl
Great read on how to train toddlers to listen the first time. If you want your children to be a blessing and a joy – he has some answers.
Iodine: Why you need it, Why you can’t live without it – Dr. Browstein
Thyroid problems? Uterine issues? Lumpy breasts? This book might be exactly what you are looking for…
Hormone Balance Made Simple – John Lee, MD
Trying to beat menopause or can’t get pregnant? Have endometriosis? Simple remedy that will make all the difference! (natural and no prescription needed)
Another resource for what to expect during labor.
Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth– Ina May Gaskin
Ina May explains childbirth in a way that no one else does. The women’s body was made and designed to have babies. The body knows what to do if you listen to it, your body will tell you. Doctors and midwives are not ‘all-knowing’.
Supernatural Childbirth – Jackie Mize
Easy, short read about how everything from conception to delivery is a miracle.
Taking Charge of Your Fertility – Toni Weschler
If you read her book and follow her plan, you will be pregnant in 3 months or less. I personally know several women who got pregnant the first month. Fascinating and fun.
If you are pregnant, this for the last five weeks:
- E-cloth Microfiber (cheaper than Norwex ; ) Removes 99% of all bacteria with water
- Universal Stone Cleaning Paste – Cleans “everything” & non-toxic
- EcoWash – amazing technology that cleans and sterilizes your laundry without detergent. Now available for home washing machines – used in hospitals and nursing homes for a decade!
- Least expensive place for capsuled activated charcoal
- Best place for all your herbs, teas, tinctures, bottles, etc. Organic!
- Question on parenting? Great resource.
- Wondering how much milk a baby needs? Or what herbs are safe for breastfeeding?
- Iodoral Iodine
- Order labs without a script
- Least expensive place to get blood tested w/out doctor’s orders. Fast & Easy! (example $16 CBC w/ Diff)
- Want to know what the best fish oil is or how much vitamin D you need? He seems to know ‘everything’.